Fördernetzwerk für Community Organizing in Deutschland
Das DICO und den Aufbau neuer Bürgerplattformen unterstützten bisher u.a. ein Fördernetzwerk mit
- Aufbruch Broad Based Community Organizing in Deutschland e.V. , Verein zur Förderung und Verbreitung des Community Organizing in Deutschland und zur Förderung des DICOs
- DICO Gesellschaft für Community Organizing gGmbH, Gesellschaft zur Förderung und Verbreitung des Broad Based Community Organizing in Deutschland
Together in Europe (TIE)
This project develops the skills of individuals for civic engagement through community organising training enabling EU citizens to organise support and opportunities for themselves in policy areas of interest making their voice heard as an individual, locally, nationally and in the EU. Our focus is on encouraging large numbers of people from diverse backgrounds to be more active in public life of their new country of residence and exercising their rights as European Citizens. A community organising approach, which emphasises leadership development, working together on winnable issues and action is able to build up capacity lead to large impact when lots of groups are linked up.
The work will be supported by an Internet campaign tool for the use of those citizen groups to better understand and engage at EU level and guidance on aspects of local democracy. The toolkit will explore the means by which citizens register their interest in the democratic process in their adopted country, engage in their community, raise complaints and hold local and national elected officials to account. It will be designed to assist EU migrants to be part of the society and community in which they are living and contribute to the development of the EU Project.
Importantly this project will direct thinking about the ways in which EU Citizens can engage with a host community and how community cohesion in those communities can be encouraged. It seeks to promote their cultural and political inclusion in their new communities such that they understand the democratic processes in the country to which they have moved and are able to exercise their democratic rights in that country and make a contribution to the development of EU policy.
Transnational Project Events 2015-16:
- Launch Event: 10th March 2015 in Europe House, London
- Social media training: 26th March 2015 in London
- DICO Training and Action: 24-27th March 2015 in Berlin
- Citizens UK General Election Assembly: 4th May 2015 in London link
- CUK 2 day training: 29th May in London
- CUK Training: 7th-12th June in Milton Keynes, UK
- Skype call film screening: 29th September 2015 in Europa House, London
- STARK! Im Kölner Norden, launch: 18th October 2015 Cologne, Germany with film of founding and press coverage on Youtube: link
- Two day Training: 20th-21st October 2015 in Warsaw
- Toolkit Launch: 21st October in Warsaw
- Reporting Conference: 1st December 2015 in Brussels
- EU response to refugee crisis: 1st February 2016 international conference call
Important links to the project results: